Delhi C.M Mr. Arvind Kejriwal has introduced Delhi Odd Even formula in traffic rules and restrictions to diminish the pollution level in the capital city. As you know that the pollution level in Delhi is in very critical stage. As per recent report, air pollution level in Delhi is highest in the world. However, on 4th December 2015, Delhi government has made a proposal that was unique and one of its kind called as Odd/Even formula in vehicle number System restrictions to control traffic.
You must be thinking What is this Odd/Even Car System? How will it work and what will be the impact ? Get answers to all your questions here in this article. This new system will become active from 1st January 2016. Here in this article we will explain you the Odd/Even Traffic rules which will be in working from 1st January, 2016. Also you will get to know about the challan rules and learning these rules and restrictions you can see yourself from challan.
For the sake of public convenience Delhi govt. has launched around 3000 more public transport buses, increased the frequency of Delhi metro services and launched Poocho App. This Poocho App will give info about your nearest available taxi, auto rickshaw contact details. You can download the Poocho App in your smartphone mobile to book taxi and auto rickshaw. If you want any phone helpline number to contact the officials to know more about the traffic rules and restrictions in details than call on this official phone helpline number.
Odd Even Delhi Traffic Rules, Challan, Helpline Number, Poochho App, Formula Info
What is Odd/Even Traffic Rules And Restrictions ?
- The last digit of your Vehicle Registration number will be used for odd or even consideration.
- The Odd and Even numbered vehicles will be allowed to drive on Alternate days.
- Let us explain How– If the last digit of vehicle number is 0,2,4,6,8 then you can drive your car on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday and if the last digit is 1,3,5,7,9 then you will be allowed to drive your car on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
Restrictions & Rules Of Odd/Even Traffic Rules ” Saving Yourself From Challan” –
- Odd/Even Traffic Rules is applicable only to Private Vehicles.
- Odd/Even Traffic Rules is also applicable to vehicles registered outside Delhi.
- Female driver above 18 is allowed to drive the car on any day.
- Female driver is not allowed to drive the car with any male present in the car.
- Female driver is allowed to drive the car with children below 12 years of age.
- Female driver can drive with female passengers sitting with her in car.
- CNG approved cars are allowed on road on any days but car has to get the CNG stickers fixed on the front mirror of the car. CNG stickers are given by Govt. department after submitting car RC on which car has got CNG kit approval mark stamp by RTO. Secondly car should pass the fitness test of CNG kit (3 years validity)
- 2 wheeler are not under the Odd Even rules. ( Decision of govt. can change after the successful test of Odd Even Formula)
NOTE : If anybody is caught breaking the ODD EVEN rules then he/she could be challaned for 2000 INR.
If you want detailed information than kindly contact the Delhi Government officials by visiting the official website.
Delhi High court said that living in Delhi is like, living in “Gas Chamber”. Delhi C.M Mr. Kejriwal organized a meeting to find out a solution for this problem. After few rounds of meeting they came out with a solution of odd-even car driving system is a outcome of the same meeting.
Some other decisions made are –
- Trucks will be allowed to drive only after 11:00 pm.
- The Government has decided that the vehicles have to follow Euro VI Standards by 2017.
- Badarpur Thermal power station will Shut Down.
Odd Even Formula Traffic Rules Delhi Helpline Number
Delhi Traffic Helpline Number : 1095 (you can also complaint about illegal parking )
Odd Even Helpline Number : n/a
Helpline number will be soon launched by Delhi Government said by Transport Minister on News TV channels
Tips to cope with Odd Even Formula In Delhi
- You can plan with your friends or neighbour or office colleagues living near your residential area to take lift in each others cars on the Odd or even number days.
- Get CNG stickers for your car if you want that traffic department official don’t stop. ( stickers are only given if you have CNG car or CNG approved kit car on your RC )